Newell Brands Generalist, Human Resources in Winchester, Virginia
Position Title: Generalist, Human Resources
Location: Winchester, VA
Reports to: Sr, Manager Human Resources
The Human Resource Generalist provides support for employees in the Commercial Business Unit, RCP Winchester, VA location. The HR Generalist partners and assists with a variety of initiatives to execute on the Commercial Business Unit’s strategic priorities and talent strategies to support and develop an engaged and productive workforce.
• Partner with Senior Manager, HR, and team to execute on department priorities and support their respective talent strategies and organizational development agendas.
• Maintains knowledge of legal requirements at the Federal, State and Local level, to ensure policies and procedures comply and communicated as necessary.
• Plans and conducts new hire orientation for all new employees.
• Lead and partners with leaders to administer performance reviews.
• Provide coaching and support to employees and leaders on human resource related issues like performance management, employee relations, performance improvement plans, conflict resolution, career development discussions, etc.
• Leads and completes employee relation investigations and provides recommended next steps to include the necessary coaching and/or discipline in partnership with the leadership team.
• Support HR team with annual performance and talent review presentations to ensure client groups are aware of timeliness and process.
• Ensures that training and development activities address identified needs.
• Responsible for administration, in partnership with regional HRBPs, of monthly HR reports, analytics, organizational charts, and requests.
•Responsible for the administration and maintenance of employees electronic/non-electronic files, manage all employee data changes (cost center, salary adjustments, reporting changes, etc.), initiate withdrawals/requisitions, and any other system updates through our HRIS system.
• Represent HR on the Employee Engagement Team.
• Assist with special projects and other support as needed.
The successful candidate can work independently, set daily priorities, and should have excellent time management skills. A high degree of professionalization is required with clients and peers. Thoroughness and confidentiality are essential.
• Bachelor’s degree required
• 2+ years of prior HR experience with a strong generalist background required. Experience in a manufacturing setting preferred.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability and comfort working with all levels of employees (including leadership) in a fast paced and change oriented environment
• Comfort dealing with ambiguity and navigating ambiguous situations
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments simultaneously
• Strong analytical skill set with advanced skills in all Microsoft Suite systems including: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
• Demonstrated focus on customer service is critical
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to work with highly confidential information
• Experience using SAP HCM module
• PHR or SHRM-CP
• Bilingual preferred.
Newell Brands is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide all employees and applicants for employment with equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, immigration status, marital status, military status, any covered veteran status, disability status, genetic information, caregiving responsibilities or any other basis prohibited by law.