WestCare Behavioral Health Technician - DOC in Saint Petersburg, Florida
Person in this position will provide direct supervision of clients insuring safety of all residents, model appropriate behavior, and compliance to program rules. Daily routine care and supervision will fall mainly to the Behavioral Health Technician. Essential Job Functions include those listed below. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist with chores including mealtime preparation and facilitate house meetings.
- Transport to community appointments such as medical, dental or school, as needed.
- Complete support documentation and daily notes for assigned clients.
- May be required to witness/monitor clients taking medication.
- Utilize crisis intervention techniques to assist with de-escalation of situations insuring safety for all.
- Work under the supervision of Program Coordinator.
- Embrace and embody the mission, vision, guiding principles, clinical vision and goals of WestCare Foundation.
- Other relevant duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 1 year experience working with clients in a residential setting
- Current Florida Drivers License
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Individuals in these positions will have a minimum of a high school diploma/GED.
- Indoor and outdoor setting.
- Potential for high noise level at times
- Regular attendance is required.
- Working overtime may be required and essential to perform job duties at times.
- The normal work routine involves no exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues, BUT exposure or potential exposure may be required as a condition of employment. Appropriate personal protective equipment will be readily available to every employee engaged in Category II tasks.
Essential Physical and Mental Demands of the Job
The employee must be able to perform the following essential duties and activities with or without accommodation:
- Requires mobility and physical activity: Having an adequate range of body motion and mobility to work in an office, residential, or outdoor environment including standing and walking (even and uneven surfaces), sitting for extended periods of time, bending, twisting, reaching, balancing, occasional lifting and carrying of up to 30 pounds. Use of computer and telephone systems is required which includes coordination of eye and hand, and fine manipulation by the hands (typing, writing, and working with files). Requires the ability to defend oneself and clients in physically abusive situations through the use of approved physical de-escalation techniques.
- Requires talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Talking is required to impart oral information to employees, clients, patients, and the public, and in those activities in which the employee is required to convey detailed or important spoken instructions to others accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Requires hearing: Hearing is required to receive and communicate detailed information through oral communication.
- Requires seeing: Clarity of vision at 20 inches or less and at distance. This factor is required to complete paperwork for many of the employee’s essential job functions and to observe client behavior and activities in and out of the facility.
- The normal work routine involves no exposure to human blood, body fluids or tissues. However, exposure or potential exposure may be required as a condition of employment. Appropriate personal protective equipment will be readily available to every employee.
- Requires the ability to collect and analyze complex numerical and written data and verbal information to reach logical conclusions.
- Requires the ability to work and cooperate with clients, co-workers, managers, the public and employees at all levels in order to exchange ideas, information, instructions and opinions.
- Requires the ability to work under stress and in emotionally charged settings.
- The ability to defend oneself and clients in mentally/verbally abusive situations through the use of approved mental/verbal de-escalation techniques.
WestCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. WestCare is a Drug Free Workplace. Employment at WestCare is contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment drug test, pre-employment physical and criminal background check.
Job Location: Davis-Bradley - 1735 Martin Luther King S Floor 2 - Saint Petersburg, FL
Education Level: High School
Salary Range: $11.00 Hourly