Newell Brands H2 Semi-Skilled (Final Assembly Operator) in Perrysburg, Ohio
Position Title: H2 Semi-Skilled (Final Assembly Operator)
Reports to: Shift Supervisor
Location: Perrysburg, OH
Responsible for assembling and packing finished cookware into cartons per a bill of material and packaging specifications. Employee is also responsible for meeting daily production goals and maintaining quality standards. This position reports to the shift supervisor.
• Ability to distinguish between conforming and non-conforming parts.
• Assemble finished product using rivets and handles then pack into designated cartons.
• Checks assembly packing specifications and bill of materials to confirm all materials are on hand.
• Train other employees on the tools, equipment, and procedures.
• At end of run, communicate with Material Handler to clear the area of unused items to prepare for the next run.
• Adhere to current job rotation program which includes boxing and loading of the finished goods pallets.
• Complete production and scrap reports at the end of a run.
• Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
• Perform other related duties as may be assigned.
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience as a wiper, boxer, or inspector is preferred.
• Continuous lifting, bending, twisting, push/pull, and reaching required; must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
• Continuous use of foot pedal-operated machinery.
• Must have knowledge and understanding of company’s quality standards.
• Ability to work with limited supervision in a team environment.
• Must have good communication.
• Must possess math skills in order to properly track production.
• Must have good attendance and work performance record.
• Leadership qualities such as positive attitude and willingness to help others.
• Willingness to work overtime as required.
• Must be able to follow protocols and process established for emergency situations, including evacuations.
Newell Brands (NASDAQ: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Marmot, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.
Newell Brands is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide all employees and applicants for employment with equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, immigration status, marital status, military status, any covered veteran status, disability status, genetic information, caregiving responsibilities or any other basis prohibited by law.