Newell Brands Form & Prep Technician in Perrysburg, Ohio
Position Title: Form & Prep Technician
Reports to: Shift Supervisor
Location: Perrysburg, OH
To setup, fine tuning, and operation of presses, trimmers, polishers, washers, piercers, and other various equipment in the Form and Prep department. The operators in these cells work together as a team, able to anticipate and adjust as the workload varies. This team reports to the Manufacturing Supervisor.
• Responsible for setup and changeover of the equipment in work cells.
• Operates a press, trim, polish, or piercing equipment.
• Inspects the product regularly during production runs and makes necessary adjustments.
• Understand the Companies quality standards and recognize defects quickly.
• Notifies the supervisor and maintenance department of equipment malfunctions and may assist in repairs.
• Capable of meeting daily production goals.
• Maintains a daily record of production, scrap, and machine downtime.
• Maintains a clean and safe work area.
• Perform other related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
• Continuous lifting, bending, twisting, push/pull, and reaching required; must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
• Must have demonstrated knowledge and experience as a metal machine operator, technician, or maintenance technician.
• PLC experience is desired.
• Understands and executes daily production goals.
• Demonstrate leadership through a positive attitude and willingness to help others.
• Ability to work with limited supervision in a team environment.
• Must have good communication and math skills.
• Must have good attendance and work performance record.
• Must have knowledge and understanding of company’s quality standards.
• Willingness to work overtime as required.
• Must be able to follow protocols and process established for emergency situations, including evacuations.
Newell Brands (NASDAQ: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Marmot, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.