Newell Brands Peak Recruiter in Pataskala, Ohio
Position Title: Peak Recruiter
Reports To : HR Manager
The Seasonal Recruiter will be responsible for quickly and efficiently fulfilling the high-volume recruitment needs for our Pataskala Distribution Center. Achieves staffing objectives by recruiting and evaluating job candidates, screening applications, conducting multiple daily interviews as well as coordinating open interview events and job fairs. This person will utilize recruitment resources such as local job boards and other creative approaches to reach the best candidates to fill these seasonal positions.
Provide updates on candidate status and feedback regarding the hiring decision and assist in the background process as needed. Additionally, includes maintaining applicant tracking profiles, new hire paperwork, conducting pre-employment backgrounds and drug screens. Advise candidates regarding the status of their application. Participating in related HR projects as needed.
• Builds applicant sources by researching and contacting community services, colleges, employment agencies, and internet sites; providing organization information, opportunities, and benefits.
• Determines applicant requirements by studying job description and job qualifications.
• Determines applicant qualifications by interviewing applicants; analyzing responses; and comparing qualifications to job requirements.
• Evaluates applicants by discussing job requirements, qualifications and interviewing the applicants on a consistent set of qualifications.
• Assist with Orientations and on-boarding as needed.
• Conducts pre-employment background checks and drug screens as needed.
• Participates in job fairs and on site open interview events
• Accomplishes human resources and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
• Assist with all recruitment efforts.
• Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills
• Must demonstrate the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately
• Must be detail-oriented, a team player with excellent organizational and follow-up skills
• Must be quality-focused with the ability to meet tight deadlines
• Must have experience with applicant tracking systems
• Must possess excellent Customer Service skills
• Previous HR experience is desired
• Previous experience in high volume recruiting desired
Newell Brands (NASDAQ: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate®, Sharpie®, Dymo®, EXPO®, Parker®, Elmer’s®, Coleman®, Marmot®, Oster®, Sunbeam®, FoodSaver®, Mr. Coffee®, Graco®, Baby Jogger®, NUK®, Calphalon®, Rubbermaid®, Contigo®, First Alert®, and Yankee Candle®. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play.