Newell Brands Analyst, Procurement Data & Processes in Norwalk, Connecticut
Position Title: Analyst, Procurement Data & Processes
Location: Norwalk, CT OR Atlanta, GA
Reporting into: Manager, Procurement Data and Processes
This role will operate within Newell Brands’ Procurement Center of Excellence (COE) team which focuses on servicing the global sourcing organization (category-agnostic) in the areas of Analytics, Project Management, Supplier Enablement and Procurement Execution.
The primary responsibilities/goal of this position will be maximizing the efficiency of procurement operations (a.k.a. Procurement Execution, Procure-to-Pay, Source-to-Settle), improving procurement insights & data availability, integrity, and accuracy to global sourcing managers, and expanding procurement’s compliance KPI’s & strategy. The position, will also involve spend analytics, project management and process improvement.
Newell Brand’s operational procurement strategy is focused on reducing the time, expertise, and cost required to execute transactional activities related to the strategic sourcing and tactical procurement (procure-to-pay) activities without compromising the data integrity, schedule of authority and related governing policies to impact those processes.
The role will be a key point of contact to hundreds procurement stakeholders globally and will work with cross-functional teams (IT, Accounts Payable, Master Data, Tax, Finance, etc.) to implement and support procurement related initiatives.
The ideal candidate will have a history of driving continuous improvement projects in complex organizations while balancing the needs/expectations of their stakeholders. This position requires the ability to discern trivial tasks from critical ones and communicate those decisions to leadership using fact-based analysis.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Partner with Sourcing Category Teams to identify savings opportunities related to operational procurement activities.
• Help measure, benchmark, and manage internal Procurement KPIs (Spend under Contract, Preferred Supplier Spend, Supplier Rationalization) to insure our stakeholders can make informed strategic decisions.
• Collaborate with Sourcing Category Managers to analyze historical transactional spend to identify tactical buying opportunities to reduce maverick/non-compliant spend.
• Work with Procurement support functions (Finance, AP, IT) to streamline backend processing of Indirect POs to reduce overall transactional costs.
• Manage contract database to ensure consistent visibility to key terms/pricing/milestones.
• Drive implementation and adoption of key procurement technologies and supporting tools.
• Create and deliver communication related to the mission, goals, objectives and best practices of the Procurement COE and to business stakeholders.
• Administer Procurement Business Accounts linked to strategic initiatives
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Management, Engineering, or related field
• 2+ years of applicable experience (experience in Sourcing, Consulting or Analytics) (prior P2P experience desired, but not necessary)
• Strong business acumen including structured problem solving, analytical skills, data analysis and solid understanding of strategic sourcing and contract management concepts
• Ability to project manage initiatives and deliver results under pressure and on time
• Ability to evaluate, improve, and then codify process improvement initiatives across a complex business environment
• Entrepreneurial spirit with a vision for constant improvement
• Ability to create, communicate and execute strategic initiatives with minimal oversight
• Comfortable working with multiple functions/management levels
• Ability to present solutions to stakeholders based on quantitative and qualitative analysis
• Ability to work in a matrix organization with global stakeholders
• Ability to influence stakeholders independently to ensure buy-in
• SAP SRM, SAP ECC and Ariba experience (preferred)
• Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills, especially Excel (Data visualization platform experience such as Power BI, Tableau, etc. preferred)
• Travel required approximately < 10%
Newell Brands (NYSE: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Jostens, Marmot, Rawlings, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Rubbermaid Commercial Products, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert, Waddington and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.