Newell Brands Packaging Operator in Maryville, Tennessee
Position Title: Packaging Operator
Reports to: Packaging Supervisor
Location: Maryville, TN
Job Summary: The primary function of this position is to inspect and, package finished goods and run packaging machines, including quality inspections and changeover
• Responsible for the successful operation of packaging machines.
• Must drive productivity and efficiency performance in the workstation while maintaining the highest levels of safety and quality.
• Maintains adherence to production schedules for the work station. Ensures work is completed at the correct quantity and in the proper time frame.
• Performs machine changeovers.
• Performs basic PC functions.
• Performs calculations before, during, and after each production order. Complete necessary paperwork to record production and quality performance daily.
• Ensures standard quality checks are performed properly and regularly, recording quality/scrap issues.
• Keeps work area neat and clean at all times.
• Maintains lean work environment and strives to eliminate waste in the work station.
• Proactively identifies potential safety issues and ensures no safety hazards in work area.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• Flexibility to take on various departmental tasks as deemed necessary by the supervisor.
• Operates in a manner that is consistent with safety guidelines and procedures.
• Ability to work well with others.
• Flexible to work any shift.
• Ability to work overtime or call-ins as necessary.
• Visual aptitude – must be able to see with or without correction.
• Communication – ability to communicate verbally or non-verbally.
• Must be able to lift up to 45 pounds.
• Ability to perform standing job for 12 consecutive hours.
• Must be able to walk, bend, kneel, stoop, climb, reach and grasp for varying periods of time during a consecutive 12 hour period.
• Be in good standing with the company.
• 3 months alloyd, collator and/or cartoner experience.
• High School Diploma or GED.
• Previous manufacturing packaging experience.
• TN Career Readiness Certificate Silver Level.
Newell Brands (NASDAQ: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Marmot, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.