Newell Brands BRAND ACTIVATION MANAGER - WRITING in London, United Kingdom
Position Title: BRAND ACTIVATION MANAGER - WRITING
Reports to: DIRECTOR MARKETING EMEA & APAC
Location: LONDON (HAMMERSMITH)
The selected candidate will be responsible of managing our brand with the goal of building consumer demand, market share, sales and profitability grounded in deep consumer, product, and market understanding. He/she will lead brand and product portfolio management and integrated marketing planning, working with cross-functional team to lead the brand strategy, develop and commercialize NPD pipeline, and drive P&L results.
Consumer and Market Insights:
• Translates business and brand needs into a prioritized consumer research list to help set research budget.
• Works with consumer insights, recommends and monitors marketing metrics such as share/POS, distribution, and quality measures.
• Participates in setting the brand(s)’ short and long-term strategies.
• Participates in setting the global brand positioning
• Analyzes brand portfolio and recommends any regional adaptations
Innovation and Portfolio Product Management
• Leads cross-functional team to create a robust pipeline of new products based upon consumer insights and market needs, leads annual planning process. Recommends product features and benefits, and overall product design, based upon consumer insights and needs.
Monitors market performance and competition, identifies market gaps, proposes mechanics for corrective actions where needed.
Plans brand positioning online and retail, for long – term brand positioning, and target consumer reach.
• Leads developing the business case for new products, including estimating sales and financials.
• Recommends the commercialization or “bring-to-market” plan, including launch spending and marketing and trade programming.
Integrated Marketing Planning
• Recommends marketing objectives and strategies, and a bulls-eye target for the upcoming year
• Manages an annual situation assessment, which analyzes overall brand and business performance
• Works with marketing communications and marketing agencies to develop an integrated marketing plan that achieves marketing objectives and is on budget. Leads development of marketing programming with cross-functional departments and external agencies
Leads the joint session and innovation development with peers across regions (EMEA and APAC, close collaboration with US).
• Four-year college degree
• At least 4+ years of experience in a similar role within Multinational Companies. A previous experience within the Luxury Goods market will be considered as a strong asset.
• Sales, channel management, consumer insights, or marketing communications experience preferred.
Newell Brands (NYSE: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Marmot, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Rubbermaid Commercial Products, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play.
By submitting your CV you acknowledge having read Newell Brands’ Privacy Statement for Job Applicants available at http://privacy.newellbrands.com/job_en.html
If you do not wish to be considered for other suitable positions with the company, please let the relevant HR recruitment officer know or contact our Data Privacy Committee at email@example.com