Newell Brands Sr. Demand Planner in Huntersville, North Carolina
Position Title: Sr. Demand Planner
Reports to: Manager, Supply Chain
Location: Huntersville, North Carolina
The primary role of the Demand Planner is to establish and refine an item level demand plan using statistical and analytical tools, intelligence gathering, and internal and external collaboration. The Demand Planner will be responsible for aligning the system forecast with the business sales plan to drive improved serviced and inventory performance. The improvement of forecast accuracy and bias metrics are the key business measures used to determine effectiveness and process control.
• Manage assigned demand planning responsibilities for the Newell Brands Commercial Business Unit
• Manage the statistical forecasting process in SAP/APO
• Own the Demand Agreement process for select strategic customers
• Own/manage the more complex categories and customer contacts (more direct interaction with customers)
• Be the Subject Matter Expert (SME) on your business responsibilities and technical area (BPC - Business Process Champion)
• Demonstrate professional etiquette in all communications (written & verbal)
• Identifies opportunities to improve people, processes, and/or technology
• Leads numerous efforts / projects to improve the way we work
• Providing solutions to peers, category teams, and 1-2 levels above
Demanding, fast-paced position resulting from deadline pressures, simultaneous competing demands and changing priorities. The position works within a team environment, which requires communication with all levels of management and with other departments.
• BA/BS degree preferably in Business or Supply Chain
• Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
• 4-5 yrs experience in demand planning or supply chain
• Effective presentation skills
• Can confidently and clearly present to 1 level above direct manager/leader
• Knowledgeable enough of the assigned business to be looked upon & utilized as the subject matter expert
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong interpersonal communication and presentation skills
• Experienced leveraging computer desktop applications (Excel, Power Point) skills
• Excellent organizational and teamwork skills
• Ability to build relationships and provide effective customer service (internal and external)
• Willingness to travel as needed.
• Consumer Products Industry Experience
• APICS certification
• Demonstrated strong MRP/Planning skills, SAP APO and R3 experience preferred
Newell Brands (NASDAQ: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Marmot, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.
Newell Brands is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide all employees and applicants for employment with equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, immigration status, marital status, military status, any covered veteran status, disability status, genetic information, caregiving responsibilities or any other basis prohibited by law.