Newell Brands Supplier Quality Engineer in Shanghai,
Position Title: Supplier Quality Engineer
Reports to: Senior Quality Manager, APAC
Location: Shanghai, China
Product quality assurance process associated with suppliers to meet quality requirements from GBU.
Supplier quality performance improvement. Drive the continuous improvement of existing suppliers.
Support new product development as the representative of quality team.
APAC customer quality support.
• Support new product development by providing quality engineering expertise, lead PPAP process
• Drive Continuous Improvement in suppliers’ manufacturing process, provide consultancy to suppliers for the improvement
• Work with suppliers for quality problem solving, root cause analysis, CAPA in timely manner
• Perform process audits and product audit to verify the effectiveness of the supplier’s quality management system
• Manage and develop supplier base by performing supplier assessment
• Coordinate with customer service and sales for handling customer quality complaint
• Technical review on customer quality complaint
• Customer quality data analysis
• Other duties as assigned (if any)
• Bachelor degree on engineering background
• 5+ years in quality, 2+ years from manufacturing process
• Good knowledge in Quality System ISO9001 or IATF16949
• Good knowledge in PPAP, PFMEA, Control plan, MSA and SPC, etc. Familiar with ASQ CQE,CQA,6 sigma are preferred
• Good problem-solving skills
• Ability to read mechanical drawings
• Sound understanding/experience in manufacturing process: metal, plastic or textile
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, being a team player, open
• Proficiency in both written and spoken English and Chinese
• Proficient computers skills with MS Office
• >50% Traveling required
Newell Brands (NASDAQ: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Marmot, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert, and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play.
Newell Brands is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide all employees and applicants for employment with equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, immigration status, marital status, military status, any covered veteran status, disability status, genetic information, caregiving responsibilities or any other basis prohibited by law.