Newell Brands Payroll Manager in Freeport, Illinois
Job Title: Payroll Manager
Location : Freeport, Illinois
Reports to: Director, NA Payroll
The Payroll Manager is accountable for overseeing the timely and accurate execution of the US & Canadian payroll process, including time & attendance records based on business policies, employee master data changes and subsequent processing (FI) and reporting to various internal and external business partners. This position is accountable for ensuring that our internal payroll policies and procedures remain current. The Manager should be comfortable working closely with all levels and departments within the organization. The Manager will be responsible for providing support to the Payroll Analysts to research and resolve payroll issues that may arise from the time and attendance system, SAP HCM or interface processing.
• Oversee all day to day operation of the fast-paced payroll department ensuring prompt and accurate payment to our employees, along with subsequent posting of expenses, reporting and vendor.
• Assist in promptly identifying, communicating and resolving any payroll/payroll system issues that may arise.
• Ensure compliance with relevant tax (Federal, State & Local) & labor laws
• Maintain current internal business and departmental policies and procedures.
• Works closely with HRIT & Sr. Payroll Specialist to ensure accurate time & attendance policy maintenance and system upgrades
• Recommend and oversee payroll process and system changes.
• Leads time & attendance system conversions.
• Manage and coach Payroll Analyst and Sr. Payroll Specialist
• Assists Payroll Director with all mergers, acquisition and divestiture activities, as needed.
• Work on special projects as required.
Key Qualifications :
• Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting preferred
• Minimum of 3-5 years of progressive experience processing multi-state and Canadian payroll
• Knowledge of payroll laws and regulations
• Experience with payroll software/HRIS (SAP, EmpCenter Time & Attendance system, Kronos) and MS Office, specifically Excel
• Ability to rapidly analyze, troubleshoot and resolve issues
• Highly organized and able to handle multiple assignments simultaneously
• Cross-functional teamwork experience
• Self-motivated in achieving goals – results driven
• Must be proactive with strong follow-up skills
• Demonstrated experience in project planning and management
• Excellent communication skills
• Supervisory experience a must
• Team player
Newell Brands (NASDAQ: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Marmot, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert, and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal OpportunityEmployers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.
Newell Brands is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide all employees and applicants for employment with equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, immigration status, marital status, military status, any covered veteran status, disability status, genetic information, caregiving responsibilities or any other basis prohibited by law.