Newell Brands Machine Operator III in Fishers, Indiana
Position Title: Machine Operator III
Reports to: Shift Supervisor
Location: Fishers, IN
The Lead Production Associate is required to learn multiple production positions, assist in training and organizing associates in needed positions as assigned, and is responsible for a clean and organized production area. This role fills multiple positions as assigned or in relief.
• Observes plant safety rules and assists management in oversight of safety roles.
• Responsible for accurate documentation of all required daily reports such as equipment safety check lists, process efficiency metrics and logs.
• Assists Production Supervisor with overseeing the workforce to ensure daily compliance of all production needs, quality standards and Company policies.
• Conducts and assists others in conduct of investigations to determine causes of quality defects as assigned.
• Responsible for housekeeping so as to maintain production material and mix production areas in a neat and orderly condition and cooperates with shift supervisors in housekeeping endeavors.
• Maintains effective lateral communications with other departments whose work affects that of his/her shift, giving them timely notice of his/her requirements. Responsible for reporting any problems or concerns to their direct Supervisor.
• Poses no direct threat to the health or safety of himself/herself, or others, or to property. Defined as a significant risk of substantial harm that cannot be eliminated or reduced to an acceptable level by reasonable accommodation.
• Requires regular attendance to perform essential element as contained herein between the assigned start and end times for work.
• Performs such individual assignments as management may direct.
• Establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the department, the Corporation and the community; and maintains the professional competence, knowledge and skill necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities.
High School Diploma or GED
• Minimum 2 (two) to 4 (four) years’ experience in a warehouse environment.
• Minimum 2 (two) years’ leading a team of at least 10 employees.
• Minimum 2 (two) years’ experience operating and troubleshooting production equipment in an industrial environment.
• Comprehensive knowledge of functions such as planning, organizing, coordinating and directing.
• Minimum of 1 (one) year experience in production or assembly.
• Good team working skills.
• Ability to lead by example.
• Experience in a leadership manufacturing role.
• Experience operating packaging equipment.
• General mechanical aptitude.
• Bilingual or Spanish speaking a plus
TECHNICAL ROLE COMPETENCIES :
• Must have good communication skills – both written and verbal.
• General computer knowledge including MS Word, Excel, Outlook.
• Must be flexible and adaptable with the ability to change or adapt work practices based on changing work demands.
• Interpersonal skills in order to work effectively with individuals both internally and externally to Newell Brands.
• Able to maintain composure under stressful situations.
• Understanding of mechanical workings of a variety of production machinery.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORK ENVIRONMENT :
• Standing and walking approximately 90 (ninety) percent of work time.
• Ability to work overtime on weekends with short notice.
• Willingness to work all/any shifts.
• Typical plant/manufacturing environment with concrete floors and moving equipment.
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs on a regular basis.
Newell Brands (NASDAQ: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Marmot, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.