Newell Brands Distribution Associate in Fishers, Indiana
Position Title: Distribution Associate
Reports to: Shift Supervisor
Location: Fishers, IN
Responsible for pulling, picking, staging, sorting and loading of customer orders as well as unloading and receiving inbound loads and transporting product throughout the warehouse.
• Picks, stages and loads customer orders.
• Ensures an accurate inventory is maintained by conducting product counts.
• Maintains a clean and safe working environment by following all safety procedures and performing assigned housekeeping functions.
• Responsible for maintaining housekeeping standards and insuring overall facility cleanliness.
• Must be able to operate material handling equipment in a safe manner. Must be able to identify and report safety hazards as well as have the ability to encourage others to work safely.
• Must be able to understand how to properly use a WMS system and be disciplined enough to always use the standard operating procedures regarding its use.
• Must understand the concept of teamwork and practice it each and every day by working cooperatively and productively with others in order to complete tasks.
• Must be an active participant in process improvement projects and have the ability to take the lead in forwarding new ideas or work methods.
• Must be able to follow Department of Transportation guidelines with regard to shipping and storage or Hazmat materials.
• Responsible for personal safety, work quality, work area efficiency and cleanliness.
• Must participate in General Awareness Training.
• Able to meet the R32 physical job requirement.
• Poses no direct threat to the health or safety of himself/herself, of others, or to property. Defined as a significant risk of substantial harm that cannot be eliminated or reduced to an acceptable level by reasonable accommodation.
• Requires regular attendance to perform essential element as contained herein between the assigned start and end times for work.
• Performs such individual assignments as management may direct.
High School Diploma or GED
• 2 (two) to 4 (four) years’ experience in a warehouse environment
• Must be able to follow instructions closely and ensure special customer requirements are met.
• Good team working skills.
• Current forklift certification.
• Previous WMS experience.
• Must have good communication skills – both written and verbal.
• Must apply attention to detail in order to ensure work is accurate and the customer receives the highest quality of service possible.
• Must be flexible and adaptable with the ability to change or adapt work practices based on changing work demands.
• Must be able to work overtime before shift, after shift, and on weekends.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
• Standing and walking approximately 90 (ninety) percent of work time.
• Ability to work overtime or occasionally on weekends with short notice.
• Willingness to work all/any shifts.
• Typical plant/manufacturing environment with concrete floors and moving equipment.
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs on a regular basis.
Newell Brands (NASDAQ: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Marmot, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.