Newell Brands Shipping Team Leader in El Paso, Texas
Position Title: Shipping Team Leader
Reports to: Distribution Supervisor
Location: El Paso, TX
The Shipping Lead will be responsible for the coordination of the day-to-day operations in our Shipping department. In this role, you will assist with leading and motivating a team of associates, and will take an active role in their training and development. Will verify quality of work and prioritize daily shipments.
• Provide leadership support to the Shipping department.
• Gathers and distributes orders to employees.
• Ensures all customers orders are picked, packed, audited and shipped timely to meet customer satisfaction.
• Secures in/out bound deliveries and arranges dock space for trucks.
• Monitors inventory, resolve issues (finished goods).
• Identify damaged merchandise, repack and/or restock materials.
• Recommends measures to improve material handling methods, equipment performance, and quality of service.
• Backup for inventory planner.
• Ensures that safety procedures are followed by all employees.
• Have an active role in the company’s continuous improvement program.
• Adhere to all company health and safety policies and procedures.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• 3 – 5 years Shipping experience.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet business needs (8, 10, 12 hour shifts), including some weekends.
• Ability to read, speak, and write in English and Spanish.
• Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
• Strong attention to detail and organizational abilities.
• Ability to operate a forklift and material handling equipment.
• Willingness to learn.
• Commitment to safety.
• Great team player!
• High School Diploma or GED.
• Prior experience in a lead position.
• Skilled in use and knowledge of a Warehouse Management System (WMS).
• Computer skills MS Windows (Excel, Word, Outlook)
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
• Ability to lift and carry items up to 50 pounds
• Ability to work in various temperature conditions to include heat, humidity, cold and exposure to dust, fumes or airborne particles.
• Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (safety glasses, gloves) at all times.
Newell Brands (NASDAQ: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Marmot, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.