Newell Brands Assistant Store Manager - Denver International Airport in Denver, Colorado
Position Title: Assistant Store Manager
Reports to: Store Manager
Location: Denver, CO - Denver International Airport
Leadership– Assist in goal setting for the work group, developing organizational capability and modeling teamwork and collaboration. Planning and Execution– Help develop strategic and operational plans for the work group, managing execution and measuring results. Business Requirements– Provide functional expertise and executing functional responsibilities. Associate Development & Team Building– Provide associates and supervisors with coaching, feedback, and developmental opportunities and building effective teams.
• Demonstrates a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events; manages smooth transitions thereafter to keep store operating to standard and set a positive, professional example for the store team.
• Puts customers and employees first through training and holding associates and supervisors accountable for delivering great customer service in the spirit of our customer services programs and initiatives.
• Implementation of company programs by helping to develop action plans, motivating and instructing the store team to execute them to meet operational and organizational objectives.
• Manages with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture, values and mission of Marmot®, ExOfficio® and Newell Brands.
• Comply with Newell code of conduct standards.
• Plan, identify and communicate. Delegates appropriate responsibilities and practices to store associates and supervisors to ensure smooth flow of operations.
• Assists with coaching and direction to the store team to act to achieve operational goals. Reviews store environment and key performance indicators (KPIs) to identify problems, concerns, and opportunities for improvement to provide coaching and direction to the store team to achieve operational goals.
• Helps to ensure associate and supervisor development and talent acquisition to achieve and maintain store operational requirements. Assist in hiring process.
• Reach or exceed individual and store sales goals.
• Utilizes existing tools to identify and prioritize communications. Communicates clearly, concisely and accurately to ensure effective store operations.
• Solicits customer feedback to understand customer needs and the needs of the local community and communicates upward.
• Uses all operational tools to plan for and achieve operational excellence in the store. Tools include RMS & Square Reporting, RMS Operations Manager, Store Business Ledgers, Special Order Forms, and Damage & Defective Return Forms. Analyzes financial reports to identify and address trends and issues in store performance and communicates as needed.
• Uses discretion in accessing external resources to support store operations and to execute initiatives. Resources include Marketing, Inventory, Sales and Operational support.
• Actively manages store associates and supervisors by regularly providing feedback on employee performance and setting challenging goals to improve employee performance. Coach and motivate associate as needed.
• Other duties as needed or assigned.
• Progressively responsible retail experience (2 years)
• Supervision (1 year)
• College degree in business or a closely related field may substitute for a portion of the required experience
• High school or GED
Newell Brands (NASDAQ: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Marmot, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.