Newell Brands Sr. Manager Brand Development - MAPA Professional (B2B) in Colombes, France
Position Title: Sr. Manager Brand Development, MAPA Professional (B2B)
Location: Colombes (Paris), France
Accountable for developing the brand innovation and communication strategies for a product grouping(s) within a brand to build demand, develop market share and profitability, grounded in deep chooser/user, product, and market understanding. Senior Managers develop brand strategy, pricing strategy, innovation, product portfolio management and brand communication plans, with the assistance of direct reports
• Recommends edits to the clear, differentiated, global brand positioning, and revisions to the chooser/user target consistent with the global positioning. Drives key brand, category or portfolio category initiatives that effectively reach and connect with target chooser/user.
• Familiar with global brand(s) standards and design language and ensures consistency with brand positioning. Acts as a brand champion across the business.
• Provides new thinking around brand or category innovation unlocking true white space or new to the world innovation. Executes new means for stimulating creativity, insight collection or idea generation leading to new to the world insights and product concepts.
• Authors compelling concept statements for innovation and uses experience and market and consumer/user knowledge to prioritize ideas.
• Works collaboratively with R&D and Consumer & Market Insights (CMI) to develop and create a brand &/or category innovation strategy, including role of sustaining and breakthrough innovation, new categories, and new market spaces. Includes innovation in brand communication, business model or strategic partnership. Can explain the innovation strategy to others.
• Establishes clear objectives for brand communication and a vision for short and long-term success.
• Accountable for delivering marketing objectives and strategies for the upcoming year. Executes brand communications across brands, countries and regions with purposeful differentiation and reapplication based on portfolio and category strategies.
• Completes ROI analysis on projects and recommends changes to strategy as needed.
• Analyzes insights and market data to recommend pricing objectives, strategies, and guardrails for key SKU’s or categories. Applies price modeling information to manage price. Utilizes product, pack configurations and brand architecture to exploit price ladder.
• Leads pricing audits to evaluate opportunities to extract maximum value from the market and recommend audit cadence, action steps and communicates strategy across channels.
• Trains others on the relationship between pricing measures and brand equity.
• Four-year college degree, MBA Preferred
• at least 7 years of equivalent marketing development experience, preferably in B2B categories
• Travel required (national and international)
• Has worked on a business with global exposure; demonstrates an understanding of differences between countries and cultures.
• Translating marketing objectives into strategies and plans. Proven success in creating a comprehensive marketing plan that is integrated across multiple touch points
• Recommending pricing strategies and guardrails, and managing price to extract maximum value.
• Successfully launched several new products from concept stage through commercialization and in-market success. Has successfully managed a product portfolio.
• Strong decision-making background in ambiguous environments with a bias for action.
• Demonstrated success working in a matrix environment.
• Strong communication skills and ability to develop materials for corporate strategy and business review meetings.
• Proven ability to manage and develop a team.
• Fluent in English and French
Newell Brands (NASDAQ: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Marmot, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play.
Newell Brands is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide all employees and applicants for employment with equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, immigration status, marital status, military status, any covered veteran status, disability status, genetic information, caregiving responsibilities or any other basis prohibited by law.