Newell Brands Key Account Manager - Baby in Brampton, Ontario
Title: Key Account Manager - Baby
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Reports to: Sr. Manager, Sales
This position is based in Brampton, Ontario working with the Baby Division on Costco and Loblaws account.
The Key Account Manager (KAM) is responsible for managing the customer/category day to day operations while delivering sales and profitability targets for their account base. Maximize the availability of our products in the appropriate channels of distribution consistent with our brand strategy with an emphasis on superior new product execution. Execute consumer and shopper driven strategies for their customers that enable Newell to achieve best in class results. Utilize leading edge data, information systems, and metrics around financial, brand, and shopper trends to maximize market share, sales, and profits through price optimization for Newell Brands and our customers. Build customer relationships at the buyer and senior buyer levels and facilitates connectivity in other functional areas including Marketing, Supply Chain, Communications and Operations. Deliver results while maintaining the highest level of integrity. Foster an environment that generates breakthrough ideas and lead a collaborative and open organization that lives the values of Newell Brands.
• Deliver sales and profitability targets.
• Build customer relationships at the buyer level and facilitates connectivity in other functional areas.
• Executes consumer and shopper driven strategies for their customers
• Use data, information systems, and metrics around financial, brand, and shopper trends to maximize market share, sales, and profits.
• Lead process for managing trade spends/customer programs in collaboration with trade and finance through management of internal TPM system.
• May provide analytical and presentation support for National Account Managers on larger accounts
• Lead the Business Segment on the needs of the Customer.
• Develop and execute Customer & Category Strategic Development and annual operating plan.
• Negotiates and manages trade funds to create customer and company value by consistently measuring and enforcing trade terms and identifying opportunities for improvement
• Works with demand planning to develop accurate sales forecasts and achieve specified levels of forecast accuracy Monitors the competitors' brands and products as well as our market share, competitor market share, and target market share to understand shopper trends and opportunities and communicating to appropriate sales, trade and brand management
• Collaborates with trade marketing to provide and explain market data to the customer
• Works with trade to implement methods that assist our customers in effectively and creatively winning with consumers, shoppers, end-users, and purchasers through promotions, packaging and merchandising.
• Leverages our brands and product mix to improve profitability and meet customer, shopper, and Newell Brands targets
• Bachelors/University degree
• 5+ years sales and/or trade experience
• Persuasive / Sales Ability / Negotiation Skills
• Experience with a minimum $10M book of business
• Background in dealing with selling “the bag” of multiple brands across many categories
• Initiative & follow-through
• Solid analytical skills and acute attention to details
• Strong project management skills
• Self-motivated with a strong work ethic and exceptional drive for results
• Advanced skills using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
• Proven ability to lead cross functional team
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; must be able to present data in an organized manner
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments simultaneously
• Conflict Management/Composure; Technical Knowledge
• 15-25% Travel
Newell Brands (NASDAQ: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Marmot, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert, and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play.
If you feel you need accommodationbecause of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact HumanResources at 289-291-5655 at your earliest convenience. You will also bebriefed on the Company's policies regarding accommodation and the Accessibilityfor Ontarians with Disabilities Act ("AODA") during your orientationprocess.