Newell Brands Sourcing Manager, Sourced Finished Goods in Atlanta, Georgia
Job Title : Sourcing Manager, Sourced Finished Goods, Food Segment
Location: Atlanta, GA
Reports to : Sourcing Director, Food and Dymo
Travel Requirements : 25% including international (Asia)
Responsible for category management, while leading the development and execution of global sourcing strategies for Sourced Finished Goods (SFG) for the Food business segment. This position will be an active driver and contributor of productivity, working capital improvements, continuity of supply, sustainability, and all other commercial needs. Major internal customers within the business include associates from Brand, R & D, Marketing, Finance, Supply Chain, & Quality. The position will work in collaboration with the Asia sourcing execution team to assist with supplier management activities,
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Collaborate across the sourcing organization to effectively leverage economies of scale, maximize resource efficiency and drive sourcing and VAVE productivity.
• Develop and execute sourcing strategies for global Food categories that encompass the following:
o Productivity: Develop pipeline opportunities to ensure delivery of annual gross productivity targets
o Direct Negotiations & Market Events: Geographical Optimization, Dual sourcing, Tier 2 Supplier Management
o SFG Supplier Assessments: New Supplier Qualification, Financial Health Assessments, Capability Verification
o Working capital improvements: Payment terms extensions and/or discounts, Lead Time Optimization, Inventory reductions
o Supply Chain Optimization: MOQ optimization, Mix Container opportunities for low volume categories, Supplier Inventory Management
o Sustainability - Coordinate activities to support Newell Sustainability initiatives related to Sourced Finished Goods
• Responsible for commercial activities with designated suppliers including but not limited to the following:
o Contract Management
o Annual Negotiations
o Supplier Performance Management
o RFX Activities
o Product Development Support
o Regulatory Compliance Support
o Social Compliance Support
• Works well with minimal supervision in a mutually supportive, collaborative, fast-paced team environment
• Plans, organizes, and influences the efforts of domestic and global suppliers as well as a variety of internal functional groups within the organization
• 5-7 years of Sourced Finished Goods sourcing experience or demonstrated performance managing a comparable scope of responsibility
• Bachelor’s degree (BS or BA) required. Supply Chain, Business, Industrial Engineering or related field preferred.
• Demonstrated track record of managing and developing individuals and teams by utilizing an objective-based management system and driving change where necessary.
• Demonstrated track record of delivering productivity and other measurable results within SFG categories
• Global Sourced Finished Good sourcing experience in consumer products or commodities is preferred
• Must have excellent communication, collaboration, interpersonal and analytical skills
• Must be highly motivated and able to drive results independently and as part of a team
• SAP experience a plus
• Bi-lingual (Mandarin) also a plus
Newell Brands (NASDAQ: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Marmot, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert, and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal OpportunityEmployers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.
Newell Brands is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide all employees and applicants for employment with equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, immigration status, marital status, military status, any covered veteran status, disability status, genetic information, caregiving responsibilities or any other basis prohibited by law.