Newell Brands Manager, Brand Marketing - Baby in Atlanta, Georgia
Position Title: Manager, Brand Marketing - Baby
Reports to: Director, Brand Marketing
Location: Atlanta, GA
Accountable for developing the brand innovation and communication strategies for a product grouping(s) within a brand to build consumer demand and market share, grounded in deep consumer, product, and market understanding. Brand Marketing Managers develop brand strategy, pricing strategy, innovation, product portfolio management and brand communication plans, sometimes with the assistance of direct reports.
• Recommends edits to the clear, differentiated, global brand positioning, and revisions to the consumer target consistent with the global positioning. Drives key brand, category or portfolio category initiatives that effectively reach and connect with target consumers.
• Familiar with global brand(s) standards and design language and ensures consistency with brand positioning. Acts as a brand champion across the business. Drives product packaging projects to be consistent with product communications hierarchy and brand(s) standards. Works collaboratively with Design Center to participate in global design initiatives.
• Provides new ideas around brand or category innovation unlocking true white space or new to the world innovation. Participates in sessions for stimulating creativity, insight collection or idea generation, leading to new to the world insights and product concepts.
• Authors compelling concept statements for innovation and uses experience and market and consumer knowledge to prioritize ideas.
• Works collaboratively with R&D and Consumer & Market Insights (CMI) to develop and recommend a brand &/or category innovation strategy, including role of sustaining and breakthrough innovation, new categories, and new market spaces. Includes innovation in brand communication, business model or strategic partnership. Can explain the innovation strategy to others.
• Effectively creates and presents a robust business case through the gate-keeping process aligning executive leadership to a brand’s innovation strategy.
• Responsible for life cycle management across the portfolio balancing rhythm of entering or exiting product classes or SKUs and extending life cycles. Optimizes a strategic plan for specific regions and channels.
• Recommends clear objectives for brand communication and a vision for short and long-term success.
• Participates in annual brand planning process to set a fully integrated marketing plan and programming utilizing the full marketing mix of advertising, promotions, and trade, working with the Brand Activation and Trade Marketing teams.
• Recommends and executes marketing objectives and strategies for the upcoming year, including the execution of the marketing mix. Executes brand communications across brands, countries and regions with purposeful differentiation and reapplication based on portfolio and category strategies.
• Participates in briefing agencies on communication objectives, advertising and media plans. Works with Brand Activation team to monitor agency execution of specific tactics.
• Completes ROI analysis on projects and recommends changes to strategy as needed.
• Applies deep understanding of the consumer to both short and long-term decisions. Links independent insight and observations to form a holistic, proprietary understanding of the consumer and leverages as a competitive advantage. Translates marketplace insights into winning strategies and tactics for the brand.
• Educates others on the consumer and marketplace.
• Informs marketing metrics, key brand, and quality measures to track and understands the underlying drivers and interaction of each metric.
• Identifies gaps in marketplace understanding.
• Gives input to the Consumer & Market Insights (CMI) team on the learning objectives and action standards for insight projects.
• Develops deep category knowledge across multiple categories and brands.
• Analyzes shopper insights and market data to recommend pricing objectives, strategies, and guardrails for key SKUs or categories. Applies price modeling information to manage price. Utilizes product, pack configurations and brand architecture to exploit price ladder.
• Leads pricing audits to evaluate opportunities to extract maximum value from the market and recommend audit cadence, action steps and communicates strategy across channels.
• Explains how the relationship among pricing measures impacts brand equity.
• Identifies key promotional windows based on target consumer behavior and recommends promotion depth and frequency guidelines.
• Sets clear objectives and prioritizes initiatives for self and direct reports, if applicable. Assigns clear projects and tasks to direct reports and coaches and develops their skills. Performs semi-annual performance reviews for team members.
• Collaborates with brand management peers to share marketing best practices.
• Four-year college degree, MBA preferred.
• 4-6 years of equivalent marketing experience.
• 15% travel required.
• Has worked on a business with global or international exposure. Demonstrates an understanding of differences between countries and cultures.
• Translating marketing objectives into strategies and plans. Proven success in executing a comprehensive marketing plan that is integrated across multiple consumer touch points, including at point-of-purchase.
• Recommending pricing strategies and guardrails, and managing price to extract maximum value.
• Successfully launched new products from concept stage through commercialization and in-market success. Has managed a product portfolio.
• Demonstrated success working in a matrix environment.
• Strong communication skills, written and oral.
• Proven ability to work on and lead a cross-functional team.
• Fluent in English.
Newell Brands (NASDAQ: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Marmot, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.