Newell Brands Leader - Corporate Transportation in Atlanta, Georgia
Job Title: Leader - Corporate Transformation
Location: Atlanta, GA
Reporting to: Sr. Mgr, Sourcing
The Sourcing Leader is responsible for the effective procurement and management of Ocean and Air Freight Services, striving to purchase at the optimal overall cost, consistent with desired delivery and service levels. This is a global role with sourcing responsibility for all sites and regions globally.
Specific Responsibilities :
• Manage and develop relationships and work with carriers in all regions globally.
• Work and provide support and resolution to issues related to Ocean and Air Freight services to multiple stakeholders across the organization globally in order to meet business KPIs
• Understand and drive purchasing measures including: productivity, payment terms targets, etc.
• Negotiate with carriers for best total cost
• Share accountability for costs and productivity targets for all Divisions and regions globally
• Manage and execute appropriate RFi, RFP,RFQ and other formal supplier evaluation processes
• Utilize Sourcing tools to drive competitive bids and cost savings
• Manage multiple projects at the same with proper project management and prioritization of timelines
• Conduct analysis on ocean freight and air freight data (heavy use of Excel is required)
• Emulate and drive Newell Brands’ Procurement culture and vision for integrity, attitude, leadership, teamwork and results
• Bachelor's degree in business or related field
• 3+ years of applicable experience including Sourcing and Supply Chain
• Excel experience and skills is a must
• Previous experience in Logistics and preferably in International Freight (Ocean and Air)
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Excellent analytical and project leadership skills
• Effectively prioritizes multiple demands and heavy workload
• Proven track record of results in a fast-changing environment – execution oriented
• Approximately 10% travel required
• SAP experience desired
Newell Brands (NYSE: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Jostens, Marmot, Rawlings, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Rubbermaid Commercial Products, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert, Waddington and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.