Newell Brands Associate Manager, Brand Marketing - Baby in Atlanta, Georgia
Position Title: Associate Manager, Brand Marketing
Reports to: Brand Manager or Director, Brand Marketing
Location: Atlanta, GA
The Associate Manager, Brand Marketing is responsible for supporting key segments of the Baby category. In this role, the Associate Manager, Brand Marketing is responsible for developing and implementing strategies that drive growth for Newell Brands and our customers, with a primary focus on base category management (distribution, pricing, merchandising). In addition, this role will provide support to the Baby category innovation pipeline by leveraging market data to identify specific opportunities where new products deliver incremental value to Newell Brands and the category.
In order to accomplish this, the Associate Manager, Brand Marketing will leverage syndicated data, shopper and consumer insights, category and industry trends, to make decisions. The Associate Manager, Brand Marketing will work cross-functionally with Engineering, Softgoods, Fashion, Industrial Design, Trade Marketing, Sales, Consumer & Market Insights, Finance, and Supply Chain.
Specific responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Assumes ownership of key category segment annual P&L targets, consistently identifying opportunities to deliver against the aligned upon target.
• Executes against clear objectives for the category and can articulate the category and segment vision for short and long-term success.
• Contributes to the delivery of marketing objectives and strategies for the upcoming year including delivery of category segment communications to cross-functional groups.
Strategy Development & Implementation
• Contributes to the overall development of category strategy through targeted POS analysis and consumer research.
• Develops key segment situation assessments and presentations.
• Supports Sales and Sales Planning in execution of aligned strategies.
• Develops optimal product assortment based on market trends and gaps in the portfolio.
• Supports portfolio management process by identifying Product Lines and SKUs to deprioritize/exit based on performance, margin, and as new innovation comes to market.
• Creates selling stories for segment Product Lines and SKUs to be used by Sales.
• Analyzes shopper insights and market data to recommend pricing objectives, strategies, and guardrails for product lines and skus. Applies price modeling information to manage price. Utilizes product, pack configurations and brand architecture to exploit price ladder.
• Identifies key promotional windows based on target consumer behavior and recommends promotion depth and frequency guidelines.
• Applies understanding of the consumer to both short and long-term decisions. Drives key consumer analysis to aid in decision making and development of category strategy.
• Informs marketing metrics, key brand, and quality measures to track and understands the underlying drivers and interaction of each metric.
• Identifies gaps in marketplace understanding and champions analyses to fill these gaps.
• Gives input to the Consumer & Market Insights (CMI) team on the learning objectives and action standards for insight projects.
• Four-year college degree.
• 1-2 years of marketing experience, ideally in brand management, channel management, or consumer insights for a CPG, durable, or professional products company.
• Ability to function as a business owner.
• Strong background in analytics preferred.
o Cross-functional project management.
o Strong communication skills, written and oral.
o Proven ability to work on a team.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
• Up to 10% travel potential.
• Fluent in English.
Newell Brands (NASDAQ: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Marmot, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.